Southern Hills Golf Course is a rewarding, yet sometimes challenging course. We recommend golfers play from the appropriate tees to ensure they experience the most pleasure from their golf experience with us. Determining factors in which tees you should play include the distance in which you can accurately hit a ball, your overall golf ability and your golf handicap (if applicable).
Factors that should not determine which set of tees you play include your age and/or your gender.
Course Rule and Dress Code
The purpose of course rules at Southern Hills Golf Course is to 1) ensure the public and staff’s safety, 2) ensure all players are able to enjoy the game of golf 3) ensure the course is respected for current and future players and 4) ensure all players are accurately and fairly compensating the facility for their use.
Any violation of these rules shall result in the following issued by the Clubhouse Manager or Golf Course Superintendent: 1) verbal warning 2) written warning, or 3) suspended access to the course and/or suspension of membership. The City may, but is not required to apply these actions progressively (for example, the suspension of membership may be applied as a first course of action.)
Any appeals to a decision made by the Clubhouse Manager or Golf Course Superintendent shall be made in writing within five business days of the notice and delivered to City Hall. The appellant may then address the full city council to have their appeal heard.
We ask for your courteous cooperation in following the rules below:
- USGA rules of golf apply at all times
- Players are expected to replace divots on the fairways and tees, and to repair all ball marks on greens
- Players are to rake sand in bunkers and leave the rakes in the bunkers
- Extreme care should be taken when removing and replacing the flagstick. The putter head should not be used as a retriever to extract golf balls from the hole
- Carts are not permitted in the areas between the green and surrounding bunkers, across tee boxes, on greens, in rough or native areas. Carts are limited to cart paths, fairways and designated areas only. Mobility flags may be approved through the golf course superintendent
- No more than two players are allowed per golf cart
- Each player must have their own set of clubs; no more than one player may play from one bag
- Allow faster groups to play through. Please play “ready golf”
- Obscene, profane, or abusive language will not be used or tolerated
- Throwing clubs or willful damage to the course (i.e. damaging of greens or hitting club into the ground causing damage) will not be tolerated
- All players must check in to the clubhouse prior to starting their round
- All players must start on hole #1 unless approved by Clubhouse staff
- Single players and 2-somes will be joined with other players to make a 3-some or 4-some when deemed necessary by the Clubhouse
- Groups of five or more are not permitted unless there is prior approval by Clubhouse staff
- No outside food or beverages are allowed on Southern Hills Golf Course or in the Clubhouse
- No pets allowed on Southern Hills Golf Course
Season Pass Holders and guests of Southern Hills Golf Course are expected to dress in a manner befitting the surroundings and atmosphere of the facility. Shirt and shoes are required at all times. The following are required standards that are expected on the Golf Course Property.
Collared shirts and sleeves are preferred however t-shirts are allowed, tank-top are NOT allowed, slacks or golf shorts) are preferred. Denim is permissible however cut-offs are NOT permissible.
Unacceptable attire: Tank tops, bare tops, sweat pants, bathing suits, and athletic shorts.
Proper golf attire (shirts with collars, blouses, slacks, golf shorts) are preferred. However, the following is regarded as appropriate attire (neat tee-shirts, mid-thigh shorts/skirts, tops w/at least 2″ wide shoulder straps, neat jeans/jean shorts).
Unacceptable attire: Halter/strapless tops, bare midriffs, sweat pants, bathing suits, athletic shorts, and cut-offs.
Golf shoes/golf sandals must be worn with “soft spikes”.
Unacceptable footwear: Golf shoes with metal spikes, football/soccer cleats, work boots, cowboy boots, and high heels.